Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rough Night

Last night was a rough night. I received the call that I never want to ever get again in my life. I was told to get to Mayo as soon as possible. Curtis was going into emergency surgery. His lungs and chest were filling up with blood. After waiting what seemed like an eternity, the surgeon came out and told me that Curtis is still with us. He has an infection in his body that they are trying to locate and treat it. His lungs have swollen back up again, and they were not able to close him up. He is on constant dialysis right now, his artificial heart is doing better, and he is still on the ventilator. It looks like he will be in the medically induced coma for another couple weeks probably. Things seem to change on a daily basis, but I will do my best to update this blog with the latest news. Thank you so much Shanna and Lucy for being at the hospital with me last night and into the wee hours this morning. Thank you everyone for your support, love and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.... I am so wishing I could be there to help... I will pass the info on to the group, and know you both are in my prayers. Will try to call you later or tomorrow. You know me and my signal.. Hang in there, both of you, and know you will continue to be in our prayers...
    HUGS, LOVE AND LOTS OF PRAYERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I was home and could be here for you! Love you and curtis and you are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete