Saturday, January 12, 2013

So all of the prayers, thoughts and love are working. Just wanted you all to know, it is working and Curtis is getting so much better. Friday and today have been great he is doing so wonderful. They are treating his infection, and they are going to sew him up on Monday. They started to take him down on his meds today that keeps him in a coma. When I was talking to him today, he blinked his eyes…I told him if he could hear me to blink twice, and he did. I was so excited; it was the best news I got all day. My husband is a very strong fighter, and he is an amazing man. I’m so happy at his progress. He is receiving great care at Mayo. We have some of our favorite ICU nurses taking excellent care of him. This is a picture of Trish, who is just amazing! She has become a great friend as well.
I caught her in mid sentence poor thing, what an awesome nurse.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated on here it makes it so nice to read what is going on. my thoughts and prayers are with you both, keep up the great job Curtis! hugs to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such wonderful news! Sending continued love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOOOO........ BLINKING!!! Oh my, happy tears for you both!!! I am just so excited for you and know you are too. I just don't have enough signal to get out, so am hoping for tomorrow to try you. Do tell him we are all praying and for you too sweetie... The log continues and will, and yes, I am a worry wart... When I did not hear from you, like you don't have anything to do, with Curtis and work, home, etc...I just worry. They call me a Mamahen.....so, that is just me!

    ReplyDelete